Custom Search

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Barrage of Changes

Just when you thought that a certain thing will become a permanent fixture in your life, will you then discover that it is not rightly so.

Some things that happened these past few days taught me so:

  1. I now have contact lenses! Hmm yeah, not much of a great deal. But hey, I never thought that I would be wearing one. First, my mom was kinda apprehensive towards that idea before since she had a bad experience with contacts some years back. Still, I was hesitant. Then yay, I have one na! People are not so used to me not having glasses, including me. Haha. I hope its bagay. Its color is clear though. Im g0nna try a colored one maybe next month. Any suggestions on the color?? Hopefully, Lasik is next. :D
  2. A February-April Summer. Due to the irregular weather phenomena during the past weeks, it seems that the Philippines now has a new summer season. February pa lang, the sun is so blazing hot na. It's like were being roasted in an oven. It's not supposed to be hot yet around that month. Then fast-forward to May. Boom! Pit-pat-pit-pat on the roofs and on the street concretes. A storm in the middle of summer? WTH is this joke! Hi Emong! Peace be with you.
  3. No More Korina. Every morning while going to school, it is either that my car radio is tuned in to Good Times with Mo on the Magic or to Tambalang Failon at Sanchez on DZMM. I just love listening on how they put flavor to their commentaries. Imagine them singing or acting - things they couldn't do while doing the newscasts on TV. Sadly, yesterday Friday was Korina's last day on the radio show (also on her late-night newscast Bandila). She'll be on a one-year leave for her wedding prepartions, as well as to help in the presidential campaign of her fiance, Mar Roxas. Ted is still on leave because of the tragedy that happened to him but is scheduled to be back around June. Korina said that the media has been her life for the past 25 years and she will definitely come back. The question is, as who? As the First Lady of the republic? Well, I wish them luck. :)
  4. First Gay American Idol. It seems that a new age of liberalism (and precisely, change) has eneveloped the United States. First, they just recently elected their first African-American president. And now, the first gay champion of the most popular show in the US is in the making. I think that no one can stop Adam Lambert from achieveing such a feat. After breaking the racial divide, it looks like gender stratification will be halted as well. Now that is real change.
  5. I don't know, but it seems like I found myself again. :) It's hard to expound on this one. Just be happy for me. Lol.

Nothing is permanent, indeed. And this fact of life teaches us spread out and be ready for anything, as well as to reach out to anyone. The world is changing faster than it has before. The same goes with us.

1 comment: