Custom Search

Monday, May 18, 2009

Missed Chances

***

At a recent ANC Forum at the Ateneo which I attended, the 2010 presidentiables, for the first time, faced off for a round of questions concerning current issues and their stands about them. It was hosted by Tina Monzon-Palma and my all-time favorite news anchor slash commentator, Ricky Carandang. Okay I admit, it was my dream to meet him personally. I even remembered that he is one of the persons indicated on the 'Who I Want To Meet' section on my Friendster profile. Hahahahaha.

So there, I was kind of star-strucked when I saw him in person. After the forum, the presidentiables stayed to mingle and to grant photo-ops and interviews for the guests, mostly students. TMP and Ricky were there, talking to various guest politickos. I stayed at the back of the auditorium witnessing the brouhaha, at the same time formulating in my mind the exact words I will say when I introduce myself to him (okay, ang kapal eh. haha)

Mar Roxas, Dick Gordon and Gilbert Teodoro all passed beside me, about a foot away, and still, I didn't bother to greet them nor to shake hands. I was really determined to meet my kumpareng Ricky. HAHA. Several minutes had passed and I noticed that he is on his way out. Being the stalker that I am, I followed him and found him talking to a former congressman and some NGO officials.

Again, some minutes later, I saw him walking towards the driveway of Leong Hall. Apparently, he may be waiting for his ride. So I gathered some courage, composed myself and started to walk towards where he is. Alas, he was talking yet again with people, this time with her colleague, Tina Palma and another journalist whom I really admire, Maria Ressa. Ressa is the head of ABS-CBN News and prior to that, she was CNN's cheif correspondent for Southeast Asia.

3 moles in just one hit. How lucky could I get?! Haha

Sadly though, I didn't get to pursue my noble intention of meeting them. My shyness enveloped me once again. :( :( :( I hate it when my introvertness attacks.

Well I hope there's a next time. :

***

One of the things I looked forward too last weekend when I was in Baguio was the Ukay shopping. I know that Baguio is not just famous for its strawberries and peanut brittles, but it is also a place for good shoppong finds at rock-bottom prices.

Walking in Baguio is an entirely good experience. Immersed into the cold crisp air, I couldn't feel being tired while I endlessly scour the whole stretch of Session Road and the Wet Market for things I'm looking for.

The thing is, when I go out and buy something, I search the whole area and compare the items. That's why it takes me half a day when I buy some clothes at the mall. I applied the same thing when I was in Baguio. I already passed by this area which I know from the first time I looked at it that they were selling some overrun signature items and old ukay stuff. Being the wais shopper that I am, I said to myself that I will look at other places first and just come back later.

Just like in my Ricky Carandang experience, I failed once more. : When I came back to the place where the sellers were (btw, they are in bangketas lang), they were gone na. :( I suddenly remembered na they have a specific time when they sell their stuff since they were just located in the side streets. Oh well. Good thing I found other good stuff to compensate for what I "lost" Haha.

***

Two missed chances. Ugh. :

HAHA, sorry. I sulk at shallow thoughts. :)) sabaw na. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment