Custom Search

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm Now an Australian Shopaholic Runner

Someone restrain me from shopping please. I chanced upon this sale in Glorietta last Saturday this shop has some Team Manila products at huge discounts. I ended up draining the credits of my ATM. Hahaha.

Maybe watching 'Shopaholic' will help me limit my lucrative tendencies.

***

As I was going home that day, my driver's license nearly got confiscated. From Ayala Avenue, I turned right to EDSA. And behold, an officer of that stupid MMDA flagged me down.

It seems like turning right when the red light is on is prohibited. So there. Actually, I really didn't know (or forgot) (or didn't saw the sign that says so). And the car ahead of me turned right too, so I just followed him.

Luckily, I remembered that a friend of mine gave me before. I put on the best English accent I could muster (I admit, this is hard. haha) then explained that I am a balikbayan from Australia and I just got back to the Philippines two weeks ago. After five minutes of make-belief trash talk, he let me go! :D He might probably thought that he couldnt not extort money from me since I just came back from kangaroo-land and it follows that I don;t know the street trade here.

Yay, at least I consider that as a fun experience. Screw MMDA.

***

HURRAH!!! No more P.E. class for me. FOREVER! and evah!!

A while ago, I joined the Loyola Schools Fun Run, which kind of serves as the culminating activity and the finals for this sem.

I ran 5K. To get an A, we need to do the lap in 25 minutes, a feat that I considered at first as very unrealistic. I was jogging months and weeks before it and the best I could muster was around 38 minutes.

But then, miracles do happen. Or should I say, my efforts paid off. I clocked in 29minutes, 10 seconds!! Weeee! Even though I didn't finish it in 25 minutes, I'm still proud of myself. Harharhar. Like, I was fifth in my class or something.

Tralalalala.

But still, I need to work on my body more. Two weeks till summer. Summer = hotness = beach = _ _ _ _ = FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment